Many individuals across the nation are suffering from nasal congestion and blocked nose. One of the main reasons behind it is due to the sinus pressure. Some of the major causes of such problems include allergies, flu as well as cold. You may get literal pain around your head and nasal area. You can more bearable with this due to congestion’s. Some people might be in a state to breath easily. People are adopting variety of treatment procedure both through medicines as well as home remedies. Herbal medication will be free from all types of side effects.
Home treatments for nasal congestion’s
If you have some ingredients ready at home, getting relief from nasal congestion will be quite easy. You might have through about the reasons behind the stuffed nose. The common reasons behind it can be cold and unsuitability of the climatic condition. The nasal passage of the individual really becomes inflamed in such situation. You may also feel irritation in your nasal passage. You need to flush out the unwanted mucus when passes through the nasal passage as well as throat. If you are suffering from runny nose, dry air might be one of the solutions in this regard.
The effective home remedies for congestion in nasal passage include:
- You can start breathing in steam to open your nose. This can be done by taking a bowl of hot water and put some vapor rub in it. Stoop down and face towards the water filled bowl and cover your head with a towel. You should stop the vapor escaping with the help of the towel. Breathe vigorously and get your nasal open instantly.
- You can also use a nasal saline spray at home. Just the unmediated salt water that can be prepared at home will be ideal for this purpose.
- Since your mucus is heavy, nasal congestion is taking place. You can now take an attempt of thinning your mucus by drinking water as well as fluid as much as possible. This will help freeing you out from the nasal blockage
- You can simply use a vaporizer or a humidifier available at home to restrict your nasal congestion
- The process of irrigation might sound really odd during the remedial action of nasal congestion. But there are some scientific proofs for the same. Water is a wonderful phenomenon of washing away all mucus and obstacles that is present in your nasal passage. If you can keep your nasal passage moist, this will be ideal for removing all allergens. It will be ideal to make use of the distilled or boiled water in order to restrict bacteria in the passage.
- You can also initiate using the warm compressor on your face. This can be easily done by placing a warm as well as wet towel over your face. It will easily help relieving yourself from the discomfort faced in the due course.
- You need to take a step for getting relief from the nasal congestion while you are sleeping at night. You can take two pillows while sleeping instead of one. Since you are facing the elevation, this would help getting relief from breathing discomfort.
If you are having a habit of swimming you must choose the pool which is not chlorinated as the chlorinated pools are not suitable for the patient suffering from nasal congestion. You will feel irritated with the mucus membrane when you are taking bath in a chlorinated pool.
Home remedies also include saline water stray as well as gargling with the help of the saline water. These sprays are really safe from all types of side effects. You can now use this throughout the day whenever you are facing the difficulty as well as the effects of nasal congestion. You may find variety of ways through which nasal congestion can be treated. But, all treatments might not be suitable for all individuals. Thus, herbal remedies are the best in this regard. You need to check the stages and ways of adopting the herbal remedies or simply make an attempt of using some of the effective home remedies starting from salt water, humidifier etc whichever is handy.
Here are some home remedies that can be highly effective to clear out nasal congestion and comes without any side effects. These treatments are not habit forming and hence can be used by anyone of any age.
Tulsi and ginger drink
When you are suffering from nasal congestion, a warm drink made from Tulsi leaves and ginger can be highly effective to give you quick relief. Collect 5-6 tulsi leaves and 1 inch of ginger. Heat 1 cup of water in a pan and then add the smashed ginger pieces along with the tulsi leaves in the water and cover it with a lid. Let it steep for 5-8 minutes and then drink it slowly while it is still hot. You can drink this tea every hour as it has no side effects and is sure to give you instant relief from nasal congestion.
Apple cider vinegar drink
Apple Cider Vinegar has high pectin content and it can actually be effective to treat a number of less severe conditions like nasal congestion. To use ACV for clearing nasal congestion mix two spoons of ACV in one cup of warm water and add 1 spoon honey to it. Mix all the ingredients well and then seep on the tea slowly, taking your time. Though this drink has no side effects, due to the ACV content of it, you just cannot drink it every hour, like the herbal teas. So, measure your time and drink it wisely to get relief from nasal congestion.
Eucalyptus essential oil
Eucalyptus essential oil can be most effective to clear blocked nose. Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory and de-congestant properties which can be highly helpful to get rid of a congested nose. Just add a few drops of the oil in a clean handkerchief and inhale it frequently to keep your nose clear. To avoid the problem of nasal congestion during sleeping, put few drops of the essential oil in your pillow.
Black peeper with honey
Black peeper can also be effective for clearing blocked nose. To get the de-congestant benefits of black peeper all you need to do is to add 1 spoon of crushed black peeper in one cup of warm water and then add one spoon honey to it. Drink this tea while it is still warm and you are sure to get relief from the congestion.
Garlic and turmeric drink
A garlic and turmeric drink might not sound delicious but it is effective in clearing out nasal congestion. Garlic and turmeric both the ingredients are known for their anti-bacterial properties and they can be highly helpful in clearing out nasal blockage. Take 4-5 cloves of garlic smash them lightly and then add them in 1 cup of boiling water. Boil it for 2-3 minutes and then put in the smashed turmeric roots. Let the tea steep for 5 minutes with a closed lid and then drink it to get relief.
Yogasanas for getting relief from nasal congestion
Many yogasanas focus on the control and modulation of breath, practicing these yogasanas can be effective to get rid of any kind of respiratory problems including nasal congestion. These yogasanas might not bring you quick relief, but they can certainly give you rid from the problem completely. So, if nasal congestion is a routine problem for you, practicing some particular yogasanas can be a permanent solution.