Vitamins are the group of organic compounds needed for growth of human. It contains minerals, essential fatty acids and amino acids. People who maintains balanced diet will always be healthy. Vitamins specially involved in cell production, metabolism and tissue repair.
Fresh fruits, vegetables and food grains are the primary source of vitamins. There are two different types of vitamins called fat soluble vitamins and water soluble. Fat soluble vitamins are vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K. These should be taken in small amounts. Water soluble vitamins are vitamin C and vitamin B which are utilized by the body very quickly.
Vitamin A is needed to every cell in our body because these are essential for growth, vision, healthy skin, bone development and tooth development. It contains beta-carotene that protects body against damaging effects.
Vitamin B has wide range of functions that involves in process of converting sugar into energy.
- Vitamin B1 is used to convert carbohydrates into energy. This is involved in heart and nerve function.
- Vitamin B2 involves in red blood cell production. This involves in converting carbohydrates into energy.
- Vitamin B3 helps in digestive system, nerve function that increases blood flow.
- Vitamin B5 helps in reducing fats, carbohydrates and proteins which are essential for the growth of cholesterol.
- Vitamin B6 is responsible in blood cell production of red and white. It improves the immune system and helps to overcome from heart diseases.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for the functioning of nervous system and production of red blood cells.
Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant that helps with wound healing. It generally boosts the immune system. The body absorbs iron and essential for production of collagen.
Vitamin D is essential for bone calcium and helps in growth of bone. It is stored in muscle tissue.
Vitamin E helps to prevent the cell damage. It generates the red blood cells and stops clotting.
Vitamin K is a fat soluble that plays major role in blood clotting. This is used to treat osteoporosis.