Just the way we need to care our skin and health, hair is also an important part of human body that needs proper care as well. The Indian spice named as methi seeds/ fenugreek seeds have proved worth in treating variety of hair problems such as hair fall, baldness, dry hair etc. But, we must be aware of right hair packs that will work well in treating the hair conditions. You don’t need to buy expensive shampoos and treatment products from the market. Only with the help of some home ingredients with a methi seeds can solve your hair problems.
Fenugreek is truly a wonder spice used in different recipes and also has wonderful benefits. Fenugreek was known as methi in Hindi and it is a popular ingredient in many North Indian dishes. The paratha made with Methi leaves is an Indian culinary delicacy. Fenugreek seeds and leaves are strongly aromatic and flavorful. Seeds are bitter in taste but lose their bitterness if roasted slightly. Methi is rich in medicinal properties.
- Protein: High amounts amplify the herb’s curative properties for baldness
- Vitamin C: Helps boost immunity
- Iron: Good for blood vessels
- Potassium: Ensures no premature grey hairs
- Nicotinic Acid: Promotes hair growth
- Lecithin: Nourishes and strengthens hair follicles; Treats sensitive scalp conditions.
Most of the fenugreek seed treatments are homemade and inexpensive, and can be purchased in any grocery store.
Fenugreek’s proteins, nicotinic acids and large amounts of lecithinare extremely effective in strengthening the hair from the roots and treating follicular problems. The seeds contain a hormone antecedent that improves hair growth and help in rebuilding the hair follicles.The natural tonic helps in moisturizing the hair and bringing back the luster and bounce. Fenugreek seeds have been used since time immemorial for curing hair problems, so you can go ahead and use them without any second thought.
Remedies for healthy hair growth using fenugreek seeds
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in the water for 24 hours,Strain and use the water to rinse hair.Do not wash the hair immediately. Let this water be there for at least 3 hours, after that wash your hair with lukewarm water (never use hot water on your hair). Repeat this daily for at a month to see your hair gaining strength and volume.
- For fenugreek hair mask Mix fenugreek seeds paste and coconut milk well, apply to your scalp and hair and leave for half an hour. Now wash off with a mild shampoo and water.
For Hair loss
Take the 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds in mixer and grind them as powder. Now take the powder in a bowl and add the 1 tbsp of coconut oil or olive oil to it. Mix the both ingredients well and apply this paste on the hair loss and hair damaged area. Let it dry for 10 minutes. Then washed it off with the mild shampoo.
The fenugreek seeds over night. Take the fenugreek seeds in the mixer and make it as fine smooth paste. Now take the fenugreek paste in bowl. Add the 1 tbsp of lemon juice to the paste. Mix both of them well and apply this mix all over hair scalp. This is the old grandma tip for the dandruff removing.
For voluminous, glossy and nutritious hair
Make paste of finely powdered fenugreek seed and coconut milk. Rub the mixture on your scalp .Wait for half an hour. Wash the hair with some mild shampoo and condition it.
Homemade Facial Scrub
Take the soaked fenugreek seeds mixer and add yogurt in the mixer.Take the two ingredients in 2:1 quantities. Grind them like rough paste.If it becomes smooth add the methi powder to it to make rough. Rub this mixture on the face. This exfoliates the dead skin cells from the face.
Methi seed for pimple remedy
Soak the methi seeds ( fenugreek seeds ) over night and grind the fenugreek seeds in the next day morning. Grind them up to it becomes smooth creamy paste. Apply the paste on the pimples with finger tip. Dried it for 10- 12 minutes then wash the face with cool water. Repeat this process for every 3 days up to 45 days makes your face free from the pimples.
Skin tone Cleansing
Take the 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds and boil them in 3 glasses of water for 10 minutes. Extract the boiled water with the help if sieve. apply this water for the face cleaning. This water cleanse the face and gives the glow to the face.
Tips or benefits of using methi seeds
- Methi seeds for burn marks: Burn marks are tough to get rid of but methi can help to fade them over time. Soak the methi seeds all over the night and make a paste. Apply this mixture on the marks and let it dry completely. Now wash the area with water and continue its use on a regularly.
- Methi seeds can be used for Fatigue and backache, just eat 1 spoon fenugreek (methi) seeds on daily basis.
- Methi seeds used for Skin Shine: Take 250gm of green gram and 200gm of Fenugreek seeds. Grind it and make a powder. Take 2 spoons of this mixture, add rose water and apply on your face, neck hands and legs. This will make your skin shine and glow. Application of fenugreek seeds for face with turmeric can give good result.
- Methi seeds for preventing premature graying. Grind the methi seeds like a powder and add this powder to coconut oil and massage it in your scalp. Wash it off next day with cold water.
- Hair conditioner: Take 8-10 grams of fenugreek seeds and soak it in normal water overnight and then make a fine paste out of them in next day. Apply this paste all over the hair and hair scalp.Dried it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with the cool water. This hair mask work as the natural conditioner for hair and gives the shiny to the hair.
Ways to use fenugreek seeds/ methi seeds for hair problems
Fenugreek seeds for dandruff remedy
Fenugreek and curd remedy
Today most of the people have severe problem of dandruff which can be removed with the help of dandruff home remedies. The main ingredients that you would require here are fenugreek seeds and curd. You need to take 3-4 spoons of curd in a container and add 2 spoons of fenugreek seeds in it. Soak this methi seeds in curd overnight. Once you get up in the morning you can find the seeds becoming soft. Now you have to grind the seeds which are dipped in curd and apply it over your hair and scalp evenly.
Fenugreek seeds to control hair fall
Aloe Vera and Methi seeds remedy
Fenugreek seeds combine with Aloe Vera gel will work really well in controlling the problem of hair fall. As you have done before, soak 2-3 spoons of fenugreek seeds in water over night. Now get up in the morning and make a paste of it. In the other hand get 2-3 Aloe Vera leaves and cut them from the middle. The Aloe Vera gel extracted from the middle of the leaves should be mixed with the grinded methi seeds and applied over the hair covering the scalp as well. Keep this for 30 minutes and wash with water.
Fenugreek seeds to control excess oil
Apple cider vinegar with Fenugreek seeds
Since apple cider vinegar has an acidic property, absorbing excess oil from the scalp will be quite easy with it. And the combination of apple cider vinegar along with fenugreek seeds works like a wonder which will deliver an extra ordinary view. You need to grind the fenugreek seeds that have been soaked in water overnight and combine it with 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar. Now add a cut of water so that the solution does not become too strong. Wash your hair with this and remove excess oil.
Remedy to develop excess oil over the scalp
Black tea and fenugreek seeds
Along with removal of excess oil on your scalp you should also find a way through which you can restrict further secretion of excess on your scalp. Since this black tea has tannic acid, the particular acid is really wonderful to control further secretion of oil from the scalp. You need to prepare black tea and combine it with pasted fenugreek seeds. You need to wash your scalp with this solution to get best result.
Remedy for premature graying hair
Fenugreek seeds with curry leave
You must have known many benefits of curry leaves with regards to health. But, did you know that it is also really good for removing certain hair problems? It has been proved that a combination of fenugreek seeds along with curry leave work well in resolving premature graying of hair. Since vitamin B is present in curry leaves, it will resolve the problem of premature graying. You have to boil curry leaves and take it in a blender. In another place add the soaked fenugreek seed and grind both the ingredients really well. Apply this over your hair roots and keep for 30 minutes. There after wash it away with cold water.
Fenugreek seeds with Amla
Both Fenugreek seeds as well as Amla works well in removing grey hair from your scalp. Amla being the Indian gooseberry is regarded as one of the effective home remedies for hair graying. The ingredients are also good source of vitamin A and C that works really well in stopping the condition of premature graying. This also helps preventing hair fall.