Gargling is a process that helps you to clean your mouth and get rid of all the bacteria. It is good got your oral health and make sure that you have a good oral health. Many people find gargling weird and unappetizing but if it is done inside your bathroom in reconfirm and privacy of the place then it is completely normal. Gargling is suggested by doctors as well and there are various liquids available in the chemist shop that you can use for the purpose of gargling. There are various myths about gargling and many people avoid doing that because of such reasons. But there are certain dos and don’ts for gargling which you should follow to get the best gargling experience. So below are the list of do’s and don’ts which you should follow for proper gargling:
- If you feel uncomfortable with salty water in the beginning, try gargling with plain water at first.
- Slowly, start adding salt, baking soda or mouthwash into the warm water for gargling.
- Always tilt back your head to let the gargling liquid reach your tonsils and the back of your throat so that it coats all the area.
- If you do not like the taste of salty water, add some lemon juice and honey to it for comfort as well as better benefits.
- Do not take a lot of gargling liquid into the mouth at once. It may choke you and prevent you from gargling properly. It is better to start with a little amount of gargling liquid each time.
- Do not swallow the gargling liquid. Keep the back of the tongue or the epiglottis closed to avoid swallowing. Swallowing plain water is fine but salty or mouthwash mixed water may cause you to vomit.
- Do not spit out the water too quickly as it will not be of use anymore. Keep the water gargling at the back of the throat for at least 30-40 seconds each time you take the water in your mouth.
How to gargle do’s and don’ts?
- The first thing you should do is find a clean glass which you can use to pour the water for gargling.
- It is not necessary to use a specific glass for gargling but it is safe to consume the mouthwash from a small glass instead of huge bottle.
- In that glass, take the mouthwash of your choice. Take a little bit for the first as taking more in the beginning is not necessary.
- Then take a little liquid from the glass and swish it in your mouth.
- Make sure that the motto of gargling is to make the mouthwash reach every part of the mouth.
- For gargling make, make your cheeks move in and out and your tongue back and forth. This will help the liquid to move around your mouth which will help you get a proper oral health.
- You can also warm your gargling liquid a bit before gargling to get a pleasant feeling. Only liquid mouthwash may not taste god, so you can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water it will feel good to your mouth.
- The next step is how to gargle.
- Tilt your head backward and try to produce the ahhh sound without swallowing the liquid. Make sure to open your mouth wide enough to do the gargling.
- It may take some time to get used to the process at the beginning but that’s okay as slowly you will learn the right way of gargling.
- Trying slowly and correctly will help you gage properly and the vibration in the back of your mouth will cause the liquid to move around your mouth.
- It will help in coating the back of your mouth from various bacteria and will also give you relieve from a sore throat.
- After gargling is done spit the water in the sink.
- There are various types of mouth washing liquid which you can choose from.
- You can try with a saline solution from the market or you cans simply make a salt solution at home.
- You can also use a commercial mouthwash or you can go for something homemade.
- Try to avoid mouthwash that contains alcohol because they may be very potent but have adverse effects as well.
- Swallowing the mouth wash liquid is not harmful but it depends on the type of liquid you are using.
- If you are using plain water then it’s okay to swallow it but if you are using salty water then avoid it.
- Gargling should be done patiently and should be done properly.
With the above ways and the list of dos and don’ts it is very important to gargle regularly. It ensures a healthy oral system of your body and makes sure that your mouth and the entire oral system is free from bacteria and germs. It will also help you get a soothing effect for sore throat and if you are having a bad cold day then gargling is your rescuer and will help you to get rid of a bad throat. Gargling is not only for bad throat; you should do it regularly and should never miss on it for your oral health. So, enjoy gargling ad care for your health and your mouth with this simple way.