Are you observing any skin flakes falling down from the clothes when you are taking them away from the body, keep a deep eye, it is the peeling skin. You may observe the same situation around your nose, legs and other body parts. This condition may be associated with roughness and itchiness. Don’t worry, it doesn’t mean that you are losing the entire skin in the body. Peeling off the skin results due to several reasons like sun burn, lack of moisturizer, dry ness in the skin and irritation. Here are some of the causes for skin to peel and the treatment to follow.
Sun burn or extreme exposure to sun is one of the biggest reasons for the skin to peel. The UV hits the skin until it peels off. Go with a cool shower, take the help of cold compress to push the pain out. You can also make use of vinegar, apply vinegar over the affected area and some pain reliever. When you are out of the pain take the next step and treat the sunburned and sensitive skin with aloe vera gel or with a mild moisturizing lotion.
Eczema is a common rash which makes you feel itchy followed with the peeling of skin. You can cure this problem by using the over-the-counter cortisone cream for two times a day. It reduces the itches and most often helps to your skin from peeling off.
Psoriasis is a type of skin problem that leaves the skin in white color with flaky and peeling appearance. Use a good moisturizer to make the skin smooth and stop from falling down.
If you are facing the condition of skin peel more often in your days, then it is mostly due to the dryness attack on the skin. By following some home remedies and special care you can dump the problem.
Most of the people don’t leave their hands workless, intentionally or not their fingers pass towards the peeling skin and they start picking it. But you shouldn’t have to make it, the more you pick the more peels you need to see.
You may get a supple feeling while you are scratching but there are underlying issues with it, this will increases peeling and itching sensation and may cause infection.
Take a moisturizer or cream or gel or a lotion which is not made with the chemicals and scents. Apply it more than times as per the instructions given.
Oat meal bath
If the itching is making you out of your control then its better to go with an oat meal bath. This will give you relief from itching and also makes the peeling skin smooth. You have to add the oatmeal to plain or cool water but not to hot water as hot it depletes the natural oils from the skin. Alternatively you can take a cool shower bath addition with the baby oil. Baby oil works tremendous and stop your skin from peeling off
Catch the protein diet and make your skin rejuvenate. You can get the proteins from lean meat, eggs, fish and milk. If you can able to follow the vitamin rich diet (Vitamins A, B and C) in a continuous manner then you could see the significant skin improvement within a month.
Lemon and sugar scrub
Lemon is capable of dissolving dead skin cells and also can reduce peeling due to being a strong astringent. Lemon’s property of healing and soothing is also good for skin. It also works as a natural scrubber for your skin if mixed with sugar.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and olive oil with sugar one-half cup and half a lemon’s juice and mix it.
- Apply the mixture in circular motion on your skin and do this for few minutes.
- Wash it using cold water.
- Repeat this cure one or two times a week till you remove the peeling skin.
Cucumber keeps the skin hydrates for a long duration due to being a natural astringent and a lot of water is contained in it. It helps in alleviation of irritation and itching with the help of its cooling effect. It also decreases sunburn and helps in the repair of the skin as it has vitamin C.
- Apply cucumber on your face by grating it and making a paste. Wash it using warm water after 15 to 20 minutes. Continue doing this twice everyday for one or two week for adequate skin moisture to be maintained.
- You can also make a smooth paste using a peeled cucumber and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Put this paste on the peeling skin. Rinse it off using warm water after 10 minutes. Continue doing this every day until your problem is solved.
For peeling skin coconut oil is the best cure. It is an outstanding moisturizer due to having fatty-acids which nourishes skin. It can also reduce irritation and itching by its antioxidant properties.
- In microwave warm extra-virgin coconut oil.
- Apply or rub the oil on the area which is affected and also massage it gently so that the skin absorbs it.
- If you continue this twice or thrice everyday then you will get results sooner.
Yogurt is a good home treatment for peeling of skin due to its enzymes, acids, minerals and trace elements. Also for dry skin yogurt acts as a deep moisturizer.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey and yogurt and apply it liberally on the skin which is affected. After it dries rinse it off using warm water.
- Make a mixture of two tablespoons yogurt and pulp of half a ripe of a banana. Apply this on the area which is affected then wash it using warm water after 15 minutes.
Peeling skin can be rejuvenated by honey. It is a great skin moisturizer for it contains fructose, water, oil, glucose and enzymes. It can also decrease skin peeling associated itching and irritation.
- On the skin area which is affected rub a little amount of honey, then using lukewarm water rinse it off after 10 to 20 minutes.
- Take one teaspoon of honey, turmeric powder and sandalwood powder and mix it. Apply this mixture on the area of the skin which is affected and after 30 minutes using warm water wash it.
Olive oil is an outstanding moisturizer for dry skin as it contains fatty acids which can nourish skin. Coating the skin the oil locks moisture. The oil also helps the body fighting the skin aging causing radicals as it has vitamin E.
- In the microwave warm some extra-virgin olive oil. Rub the warm oil liberally on the area which is affected and also massage it gently so it penetrates the skin deep. Continue doing this thrice everyday for improved results.
- Prepare a thick paste by mixing olive oil with two tablespoons of salt. Exfoliate the dead skin cells using this paste as scrub for your body. Doing this twice a week will heal your skin completely.