Your eyes are one of the most beautiful parts of your body that sometimes becomes your identity. It not only adds to your beauty or personality, but also to your health. Therefore, it is very important to take care of your eyes with utmost seriousness. Did you know that – the muscles of your eyes are the most active muscles you have in your body? Yes, you heard it right.
Your eye muscles tend move around 100,000 times or more per day. Needless to say, the more the activity, the more is the tiredness and the maximum caring it needs. Every human being should have good eyesight. However, due to certain factors, such as heredity, under-nutrition, increased pressure at work, educational institutes or something else, the number of people with high power specs is increasing.
Apart from projecting your eyes from dirt and dust in order to prevent infections and other ophthalmic ailments, you can take some other preventive measures to improve your eyesight naturally too. Dear reader, you have come to the right page. Here are some of the best preventive measures given below. Hopefully, you might get some great help. Read on!
Eyes, one of the most beautiful features of your body have to be healthy and they should always look fresh. Eyes can be small or big. Some people might have really beautiful and attractive eyes that can catch the attention of others. It is always important to have good eyesight for each and every human being. You should always protect your eyes from dust and dirt to prevent infections and other eye diseases.
It is your responsibility to take care of your body and body parts that can look stunningly beautiful and nice. Prevention is always better than cure. The following are some the measures and steps to develop your eyesight naturally at home.
How to improve eyesight naturally?
Consume carrots cooked in milk
One of the best ways to promote eyesight is to consume carrots, cooked in Milk, regularly. Milk is a complete food and is rich in its content of nutrients. Likewise, carrot is a storehouse for Vitamic A and C. Remember, one of the key reasons to trigger troubles with eyesight is that of malnutrition and the inadequacy of the supply of Vitamin A. Consuming this food daily, you will get the supply of the necessary nutrients and Vitamins that can reverse the troubles with your ophthalmic health. Even if you aren’t having issues with eyesight, consumption of this food will enable you to prevent the outburst of these troubles.
Try black myrobalan and Indian gooseberry
These fruits can produce the most delightful results in treating weak vision. You simply need to soak these fruits in a glass of water overnight, and drink it in the morning, empty stomach. Alternatively, you can crush a few dried fruits of Black Myrobalan, and mix a teaspoon of the powder with a glass of milk and drink it in the morning, before breakfast. If you want, you can repeat the remedy at night, before going to sleep.
Control over excessive blood pressure
Excessive blood pressure can damage the tissues and nerves in the eyes, and thus, trigger the troubles with Hence, you need to take every measure to control such troubles, so that your eyes never turn into its prey.
Research suggests that people with excessively high blood sugar stands vulnerable to the threats of damaging the eyesight. Hence, you need to maintain the blood sugar level to a healthy extent. You can take up healthy diets, optimize the extent of physical efforts and maintain a healthy lifestyle that will enable you to escape the threat of high blood sugar, safeguarding the health of the eyes.
It is important to give rest to the eyes
As usual with other body parts, your eyes get fatigued with constant work, and hence, it is important to allow it sufficient rest in between works.
Some eye exercises are
Grab a pencil from your work table and make a mark or write an alphabet or a number on the middle of the pencil. You will only have to focus on the pencil and the mark you made on it to enhance your eyesight. Hold the pencil vertically at an arms distance and focus on the mark that you have made on it. Do not move to the next step until you completely focus on the mark. Now bring the pencil closer to your nose in a straight line, focusing on the same mark that you have made on the pencil. When the pencil comes closer to your eyes, you will need to focus on the mark accordingly and stop moving the pencil immediately when the pencil doubles. Give some rest for your eyes for a few seconds by closing your eyes or looking at something else. When you feel that your eyes are completely refreshed try focusing the mark again, if you see double pencil again, rest your eyes for a few seconds more. Now try focusing on the mark again and slowly move the pencil in a straight line to an arm’s distance. You can repeat this exercise again that can naturally increase your eyesight. Spend 5-10 minutes for this small exercise daily and relax by hearing music, if you are a music lover.
You might have heard about “push-ups for great health”. Now let’s do some pencil push-ups for great eye-sights. Take a look at the below mentioned pointers:
- Get a pencil and make a mark on it. Make sure that it’s marked in the middle. The mark can be anything – a number, an alphabet or just a dot.
- In order to get started with your pencil push-ups, you need to move the pencil back and forth with all your focus on it and the mark you made on the same.
- Hold the pencil vertically at an arm’s distance and focus on the mark that you have made on it. Do not move to the next step until you are able to focus on the mark, completely.
- Now bring the pencil closer to your nose in a straight line, and keep focusing on the same mark.
- With the pencil coming closer to your eyes, the latter will have to adjust accordingly, in order to maintain the level of focus.
- Make sure to stop the pencil where it is the moment the pencil doubles. Give some rest to your eyes for a few seconds by closing your eyes or looking away.
- Once you feel that your eyes are completely refreshed, try focusing on the mark all over If you see double pencil again, give rest to your eyes for a few seconds more.
- Now try focusing on the mark again and slowly move the pencil in a straight line at an arm’s distance. Repeat the steps until you get rid of the double vision. Spend 5-10 minutes on this exercise daily. You can also play a soothing music in order to make the session more relaxing.
- This exercise, when done on regular basis can help improve your eyesight to a great extent. It is also helpful for correcting crossed eyes and double vision. The best part – it’s pain-free and easy.
When you are resting, try to go for this exercise. Look up and roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for 10 times. Then take a 2 minutes break and close your eyes. Then open them and start rolling them anti clockwise for 10 times. This will keep your eyes in better health.
Massage the temples with your thumb knuckles in clockwise and anti clockwise direction for 20 times. Ensure you massage in a circular motion for 25 times each side and then go for the nose bridge. The next point should be the middle of your forehead or the midpoint of your eyebrows. Massage these points for best results.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Warming of eyelids
Warm the hands by rubbing them against each other. They are warm now. Place the warm palm on your eyelids. Wait for 5 seconds and then remove them. Repeat this activity for 3 times.
Take naps whenever you are free of some important assignment. Close your eyes and tilt your head back. Relax muscles for just 3 minutes. This will rejuvenate your eyes.
Daily food diet
- Your lifestyle and food you consume plays a great role in your eyesight. Consume food that has enough nutrients and vitamins for your eyes.
- Green leafy vegetables, fish like salmon and tuna, citrus fruit juices like orange and lemon, fruits like banana and nuts can help you attain nutrients for your eyes.
- Eat more food that has vitamin E, C and A. These foods can be carrots, kiwis, squash, cheese, milk, cantaloupe, spinach, cranberries, papaya, olive, wheat germ, vegetable oils and other similar foot items.
- Antioxidants are good for your eyes too. These are often generated within your bodies and they can be the beta carotene, lutein or zeaxanthin. These help lowering macular degeneration from sun lights. The foods that are rich in these antioxidants are leafy vegetables, pepper, egg, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Grapes, blue berries and goji berries also improve vision as they contain flavonoids.
- Foods that contain lecithin, cysteine and sulfur help preventing formation of cataract. Eat garlic, capers, onion and shallots for these benefits.
- Drinking a lot of water keeps your body hydrated and prevents dry eyes.
- Smoking can affect your eyesight and can cause cataracts, so try and avoid smoking.
Take care of your eyes and its environment
- Always use sunglasses while you go out on a sunny day or while traveling to keep your eyes away from dust, dirt and sunrays.
- Continuous usage of laptops, mobile, watching TV can also reduce the level of your eyesight, so always give a good break to your eyes by blinking them while using laptops or television or close your eyes for a few minutes and listen to some music to relax.
- Safety wear is a must if you are working in a hazardous environment. Wear safety glasses or goggles when you are working. There are some sports like racquet ball, ice hockey and lacrosse that tend to injure the eye of the players. You must use helmets when you participate in these sports.
- Adequate sleep will help you rest your eyes and your body too. Your eyes recover and repair themselves while you sleep.
- While watching television or reading for a long time, give your eyes some rest or take a break. Cup the eyes after closing them. Let no light reach them for 10 minutes. This relaxation will help your sight. You can place some cucumber or ice cubes on your eyes when you are taking this break.
So try these remedies to improve your eye sight and always remember to keep your eyes safe.
Lifestyle and dietary changes
Your lifestyle and your food habits play an important role when it comes to improving your eyesight. Therefore, you should eat foods that are loaded with nutrients your eyes need. Try to include these food products in your diet:
- Green leafy vegetables, like spinach, collards, kale, chard, etc are rich in vitamins and minerals. Carrots are also good for your eyes.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are too good for your vision as well as overall health. Tuna and salmon are the best options. They are tasty, as well.
- You should also include citrus fruit. You can consume them in the either way – raw fruit or juices. Grapefruit, limes, lemons, oranges are rich in citric acid.
- If you are a vegan, then you can also have things like nuts, bananas and beans. They are loaded with proteins.
- Taking vitamin supplements in also a great idea.
However, you cannot improve your vision with changing your diet only. Lifestyle changes are also needed. Here is how making alterations can help you:
- Researches show that people who smoke are more prone to vision related disorders. Moreover, smoking might lead to the occurrence of macular degeneration and formation of cataracts in the later phase of your life. If you are not able to quit smoking, then you can seek assistance from a reliable support group or a medical professional.
- Just like smoking, the above mentioned ophthalmic conditions can also occur due to overexposure to sunlight. So, you should wear sunglasses whenever you are out. Make sure your shades are UV-safe. Wrap-around shades are among the best options as they offer proper and maximum coverage.
- You should try to reduce visual fatigue as much as possible. You can do this by turning down the brightness of your computer. Staring at something very bright for long can strain your eyes.
- If your work involves writing or working on computers for long hours, then make sure to adjust the size of the text. Zooming in the text size will put less pressure on your eyes and prevent it from getting strained.
So, just following these simple tips you can improve your eyesight drastically. However, seeing a doctor at an interval of at least 3 months is highly advisable.