A lot of women suffer from the problem of vaginal dryness and this issue can affect your sexual life. This can create pain for you while having sexual intercourse and you might feel extremely frustrated. But do not worry, there are a lot of remedies that you can try out to reduce the problem of vaginal dryness. Most of the women are shy to talk about their vaginal dryness but this can create a lot of problem while you are having sexual intercourse.
Products to be avoided
There are certain vaginal treatment products that can make you feel irritated and you should consider avoiding them. Some of these products are vinegar, yogurt, hand lotions, antibacterial or fragrant soaps, bubble baths or bath oils etc. Refrain from using scented toilet papers and other perfumed products and detergents.
Natural remedies for vaginal dryness
Evening primrose oil
Evening primrose oil is known as one of the best types of treatments for vaginal dryness. Evening primrose oil is a natural lubricant and can help provide lubrication better than a lot of different store brands or specialized lubes. It is completely safe for use during sexual intercourse. You can actually take some capsules of the oil as an oral supplement. The inclusion of this supplement in the diet has been proven to increase the production of cervical mucus which helps in reducing the friction associated with a dry vagina. You can also use the capsule by inserting a punctured capsule into the cavity of the vagina and let it stay overnight to be absorbed by the body.
Cannabinoid oils are some of the most recent treatments that are being used mainstream for their wide range of health benefits. Cannabinoid oils can help to relax your body and mind and help you get in the mood by activating the serotonin receptors in the brain. This leads to an increased production of serotonin in the brain which helps you relax. When you relax, stimulation helps you secrete more mucus which can help ease the friction during intercourse. Cannabinoid oils are often mixed with other oils to make the potent ingredients more available. And you won’t get high because these oils don’t contain any THC, which is the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis.
If you have tried most other avenues and haven’t found something that works for you, try supplements. Supplements can help increase the production of mucous and certain supplements like wild yam, black cohosh etc. do exist, however, their effectiveness is debated. You can try supplements for vitamins A, B (B4, B5, B12), beta carotenes and even supplements that provide adrenal support such as royal jelly.
Olive oil is one of the best types of remedies and a great option for topical application and can be applied directly to the vaginal region and can help to lubricate the vagina. Olive oil is one of the best natural compounds that can help ensure that the vaginal region is well lubricated and the dry tissues can be added to help lubricate the region. Some studies have suggested that olive oils can provide a ton of natural Vitamin E to heal the area. It can also be consumed with the food you consume on a daily basis. It can also help moisturize the region to ensure that the dryness is dealt with.
Fenugreek seeds can also be used to promote your health and adding these to your normal diet can also help in improving the balance of your hormone levels, which does contribute to the issues of vaginal dryness. You can easily make a great concoction for your skin by soaking some fenugreek seeds in a whole glass of boiling water and boiling the mixture up for around 15 minutes and can be easily strained and consumed while it is still warm.
Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E oil is one of the best remedies to help increase the lubrication in your vaginal region to eliminate the dryness. It is a great vaginal suppository and can help restore the functionality of a healthy vagina and reduce any stress on the vaginal tissues. Vitamin E suppositories can also be used for this condition.
While this remedy doesn’t work for everyone, applying some yogurt to the walls of the vagina can really help in reducing the dryness. You can also add in a tablespoon of olive, coconut or vegetable oil with a tablespoon of yogurt to use this remedy. This can help to reduce the levels of dryness in the vagina as well as restores the balance of acidity.
Drinking ample amount of water is a very easy and simple way to reduce vaginal dryness. It also keeps your body hydrated and fresh. It also reduces problems like infections which a dry vagina could be prone to. Using lubricants which have water content so that is beneficial for overcoming conditions such as this.
Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel is an amazing home remedy to get rid of such conditions. A combination of aloe vera gel added to fresh milk can be a very effective treatment for such problems. You can apply a little amount of aloe vera gel directly for reducing troubles and pain of vaginal dryness. You could also drink one cup of diluted aloe vera juice as it is known to be an enhanced lubrication.
You can consume flaxseeds along with food recipes and treat this like a medicine. You could also use flax oil as it acts as a nice element for keeping away vaginal dryness. It is herbal cure which can help you resolve your problem. It is also known for improving the estrogen level in our body along with being an enhancing element to lubricate your vagina.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has numerous benefits. It is one of the best home remedies and also cures vaginal dryness. You can diminish the lost lubrication in vagina by using tea tree oil.
Include fatty acids in your day to day diet for improving conditions of your dry vagina. They are rich in Vitamins, iron and minerals. These come with numerous other benefits as well. Do not use harsh perfumes, chemicals, etc. which can lead to more dehydration of your vagina.
Consume comfrey as it enhances the lubrication process. It is known to be beneficial for soothing conditions of vaginal dryness, infections and itching. Eliminate bubble baths or cleansing with scented soaps. These are two major causes why our vagina tends to dry up. Comfrey also comes in gels and ointments which can be used for treating the problem.
There are some more ways which could help you keep your vagina hydrated:
- Apply olive oil
- Apply coconut oil
- Increased foreplay and reduced sex
- Cotton clothes
There are so many ways to cure your condition, and each one might have something different to choose from the other. Sometimes one remedy could work for you and one might not. Be sure about what you opt for and keep a consistent practice to get heal faster. Have a proper diet made and improve water content. Let us now see the important foods to consume for healing vaginal dryness:
- Nuts: nuts are high in fatty acids which is why it is an important nutrient to consume. Try to consume seeds and nuts for this condition
- Fish: omega 3 is one key element to reduce symptoms of menopause. Try consuming salmon fillets canned tuna, these increase the levels and reduce vaginal dryness.
- Fluids: drink juices, fluids and excess water for maintain a healthier body and an even healthier vagina.
- Soy: it is hailed to be a hero to cure menopause conditions. It is rich in estrogen and is popularly used for treating signs of menopause.
- Fruits: fruits are an easy remedy to reduce vaginal dryness. Make some tasty yogurt recipes which are added with fruits like melons and cherries, and it simply help you cure such conditions. Fruits with water content are beneficial for this condition. You can consider apple to be an example.
Having a balanced diet is one of the most essential things for a healthier living. Our body is what we dwell in and taking proper care of it is what we need to do. Teens with their earlier periods to women who are in the stage of menopause can come across such conditions and you have immense ways to get your problem solved and sorted. Relax and choose your remedies and keep your private zone free or lightly tied while using the remedies.
Home remedies for dry vagina
1) Use a lubricant or a moisturizer to reduce vaginal dryness. But always talk to your doctor and get to know which products are the best to use from the following:
a) Lubricants – lubricants like astroglide are water based and this can reduce your dryness in the vagina for many hours. Always select products that do not contain glycerine and you can apply this lubricant to your vaginal opening or to your partner’s penis before intercourse.
b) Moisturizers like lubrin, Replens or any others can help in reducing vaginal dryness with a single application. You can use this whenever there is vaginal dryness.
2) Try watching some movies before making love. Choose any movie that can make you feel exciting and romantic. This can increase the blood flow to your genitals and helps in lubricating.
3) Take a walk for about 20 minutes and then go straight to your bedroom with your partner. Walking can help in releasing your hormones.
4) Try smelling banana bread before moving to bed with your spouse. You do not have to eat it; just simply smelling that bread can make increase the blood flow to your pelvic region and it can help in avoiding vaginal dryness to a great extent.
5) Take a supplement L-arginine that has amino acid in it which is present in many food items life dairy products, nuts etc. This is a natural component that acts like Viagra and increase the lubrication, avoiding vaginal dryness.
6) Try making love early in the morning between 5am to 9am at which your hormone will be at the highest level.
7) If none of these natural remedies are helping you then you should consult a doctor and get the prescribed medications to avoid vaginal dryness.
If you find that only at times you experience vaginal dryness then that might be because you are not sexually aroused. Give some time and try doing some foreplay to make you feel more romantic and aroused. When you are literally aroused then you might lubricate and will not have to face the problem of vaginal dryness. You can always tell your partner what can make you fell aroused and passionate, Try making love regularly to increase your vaginal lubrication.
Causes of vaginal dryness
Through different stages of life we alter a lot of things in our lifestyle, and that in turn makes a difference in our physical and psychological health. Our vagina can have a decrease in lubrication for numerous reasons, but it is important to detect and change it. It could be due to change in diet, hormonal imbalance and many other aspects, let us read a few below:
- The most frequent cause happens to be hormonal changes. If you are already in that age of menopause or you have already had it, your body is bound to go through some hormonal changes. There will be a decrease in estrogen levels. Vaginal dryness is more common for women between the ages of 40 and 60.
- Estrogen is the fat-soluble hormone of our body so sufferers might also be women who follow low-fat diets. To regain your vagina’s lubrication, you ought to have healthier food and keep your body hydrated.
- Vaginal dryness can happen to women who are in frequent stress. This leads to imbalance in your body and mental health. This also has an effect on bodily functions and reduces sexual comfort.
- Some bio-mechanical causes due to consumption of certain medicines can also be a reason for vaginal dryness. Surgical procedures which have caused hormonal imbalances, for example removing ovaries, hysterectomy, etc. can be the reason as well.
- Anything which has caused an internal injury can also be a reason behind this condition. If you have experienced abuse, attitude towards sexuality, etc. your vagina can become dry.
Follow the remedies and improve the condition of your vagina. These are sure to help and should be chosen according to your body’s suitability. If you feel that you could be allergic to any ingredients mentioned, opt for any other remedy. Consult a doctor if you think it’s beyond your control. Take care of your psychological behavior and do not be disheartened because it is not a permanent condition.